The username and password to log into Hostgator cPanel can be found in your welcome email. If you do not have the correct login or do not receive the welcome email, please contact HostGator via phone, live chat, or email email@example.com for help.
In case forgetting the password, you can do the password Reset by contacting HostGator via phone, live chat, or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Before Hostgator reset your password, they may need to request some information to verify your identity.
Note: Changing your cPanel password will also update your main FTP account’s password. Also, SiteStudio and Sitebuilder rely on your cPanel password to work correctly. If you change your cPanel password, SiteStudio and Sitebuilder will have to be reconfigured. In this case, please email email@example.com and request your Sitebuilder to be updated with your new password.
There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
The steps to change your cPanel password are as follows:
- Login to the cPanel
- Click Change Password
- In the box to the right of Old Password, provide your old password.
- In the box to right of New Password, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
- In the box to the right of New Password (again), provide the password once again for verification.
- Do NOT uncheck the box for “Allow MySQL password change”. (This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin and Fantastico De Luxe via cPanel.)
- Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.