HP DV6000 Motherboard Replacement – HP DV6000 Boot Up Problem
Your laptop seems dead? It’s not turning on when you press the power button? It’s frustrating when a laptop can’t boot up and causing you to lose valuable time.
Every mobile computer can encounter this problem and this include the HP DV6000 model. If you have a HP DV6000 and it won’t boot up, you can try the tips below:
1. Make sure you have the battery installed properly. Sometimes, it may be because of a loose battery.
2. If you can see the power lamp is on, the problem maybe lies within your internal hardware and not the power supply. This would require you to open up the laptop and check the internal hardware.
3. Try to remove the internal hardware such as hardisk or RAM and then put it back again. Sometimes, these hardware connections may cause this problem. Remember to do it after you shut it down. However, if you’re unsure or if you don’t know how to do this, please ask someone with the expertise to do it for you.
Try removing the battery and only use the power supply to turn it on, your battery may need replacing. Or if you have another battery, use it.
5. Ensure that the power supply is in good condition. If you sense something is wrong with it, buy a new one.
6. Sometimes, the problem lies with the motherboard, you’re going to need to replace it with a new one. However, if you don’t know how to do this, please consult the laptop repair service center.
The above tips will help you to troubleshoot your boot up problem. However, when all the above fail, you will need to send your laptop to a service center. But, if you have an old laptop and you encounter this problem, it may be because the laptop is outdated and you’re going to need a new one.